Changes

Hello there. I feel like I haven't written in a while, and I guess that's true. I've been very busy with a new job at TCC (yes, I am now a writing tutor! Praise the Lord!) writing on my book, reading, and cleaning my bedroom. Yep, I still have junk that needs to go. It is a long, long process.

Currently, I am listening to the newest Pride and Prejudice soundtrack. It really is beautiful. Just thought you'd like to know...

I quit writing for the website I was doing freelance for last week. I felt terrible stopping, but I really needed to focus on what I want to write instead of writing for someone else week after week. Taking the time to do what you really want is definitely a sacrifice. My book may never go anywhere, but I do so want to see it finished, along with the others I have begun. I know writing for the website was instant "Here's Amy Furr On the Internet!" but after a while, I began to feel that I wasn't really accomplishing what was in my heart. I started my new job at TCC and that kind of gave me a push to do it.

I was a little weary of writing political pieces all the time, too. I love politics, and I think I always will, but being around artsy people and teachers has reignited that fire that I so love to feel inside me. That's how I felt after I came home from Washington DC. I just wanted to do what I wanted to do, not what someone else needed. Again, it is hard to give it up because your name is at the top of a bunch of articles on a major news site, but I just felt it was time.

I am very thankful to have the opportunity, but sometimes it is just time to say goodbye for now, and step away to begin a new endeavor.

My writer's group has been oh so supportive of my story, so I feel I need to keep going with it. My characters are alive and walking now, so I really can't stop. That would be wrong... in a sense. Anne wouldn't and Jane wouldn't so I won't.

Comments

Popular Posts