Pull the Plug

I did something really important today.

I signed out of my Twitter profile and took the app off my phone! So far, it feels good. Now I just need to do the same thing with my Facebook app.

It really is amazing how much time we waste on there. I could be doing so many different things, like reading, talking to my parents and friends, etc.

I really have begun to assess how much time I spend on social media. It should be a once a day check, but when I am bored at work or at home, I get on there and just get lost in all the posts. I think Instagram is best because all it is is pictures. I tend to not go down so many rabbit holes with that one.

Writing is going well. I have begun to really flesh out the story I am working on, which is HUGE for me because I can't seem to sit down long enough to do it. Plus, I am scared of finishing it! I guess it is the fear of failure. I also fear producing something that is total and utter crap. But, if I don't write it, how will I ever know?

I like to read romantic stuff, adventury stories, and books that have deep meaning to them. For instance my favorite movie (I've finally decided) is The Best Years of Our Lives, about WWII veterans coming home from the war. It is the most beautiful story. I get so caught up in it that I almost cry about the fact that I didn't write it. One day I hope to write something just as important and meaningful.

Funny thing is, the movie was very unpopular when it came out in the late 1940s! I can't imagine. I guess we can see things differently now that so many years have passed. Theresa Wright and Dana Andrews are just so lovely in it. She is just the epitome of feminine to me for some reason. She's so sweet and yet there's a spirit about her that you just can't get past. I love every movie I've seen her in, although she didn't make many.

And Dana Andrews? Wow, he is just really great. Such a good actor and a handsome guy. I love Charlton Heston and Errol Flynn, but Dana just has that nice guy with a bit of a rough edge thing going on. In contrast with Ronald Reagan (MAJOR SIGH) who is also epically dreamy, he's just so lovely.

Comments

Popular Posts